Monday, August 31, 2009

Timeless Beauty

With a hurricane on it's way, Megan O'Brien sure had luck on her side. The day was sunny, crisp and fall-ish...not what you'd expect for an August wedding!

Megan had a vintage-theme in mind for her hair and make up. She brought in a Jessica Simpson image to inspire me:

189762.jpg


I urged Meg not to be horrified as a teased and curled her hair. I told her that a New Leaf bride would never walk out the door with "pageant hair"...GASP!! I just needed to make sure it lasted all day and night and this is how the magic happens...


Here are Ashley and Amy beautifying the moms together...how sweet.
Ashley is a double threat because, like Leah, wears both hats...a hairstylist and a make up artist. It must be nice to be so gifted;-)

Danielle added this beautiful orchid in her Allison's hair. I just love flowers!

After Meg described her dress and I saw her veil, I thought we had to make the style a bit more vintage-y (That's a word, right?)... I pinned one side and she had the most beautiful white orchid to put in during the reception.
Can you believe Megan doesn't color her hair?! It's rare to feel hair so healthy and shiny. Oh, to be natural...

Megan is a classic, timeless, beautiful bride. I love when we create a style that doesn't reveal a decade.

There are so many (too many, if you ask me) choices out there for brides. It's confusing and overwhelming.

My hair and make up advice for brides is this: Choose a style that you will love in 10, 20, even 50 years. Think about how beautiful your grandmother looked on her wedding day. You wouldn't want your grandchildren laughing at your crazy hairstyle or your over-the-top make up.

Any 1980's bridal magazine is evidence:-)

Thank you Megan for reminding us of this 'simple' lesson. Congratulations and we hope the hurricane didn't delay the honeymoon!

No comments:

Soft and sexy hair for 2009 and everafter.....

Soft and sexy hair for 2009 and everafter.....

Leah's Favorite Product for Jan. 2009

Leah's Favorite Product for Jan. 2009
perfect for oily hair, perfect for dry hair! You can't build anything without this foundation.

My "go-to" product for all seasons

My "go-to" product for all seasons
a little goes a long way!

New Leaf Hair Studio.....LEAH'S BLOG

Questions about hair? skin? life? It's all here. BLOG BLOG BLOG

Followers of New Leaf Hair Studio

Something you won't see at New Leaf (but I thought you would laugh!!)

Something you won't see at New Leaf (but I thought you would laugh!!)