Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Running of the Bride

Emily Werchadlo was blessed with a beautiful wedding day. She was also blessed with a free wedding gown of her choice! What?!? Emily was chosen to be SNE magazine's "Chatty Bride" to find her dress at Boston's Annual "Running of the Brides". 

If you don't know about the Filene's Basement event, it's a crazy day when thousands of gowns are available at dirt cheap prices. The catch, you ask? You must wrestle, tackle, and/or hip check other brides to get the gown you want.  People form teams, create strategic plans, but, hey, it's all in fun;-) For a free dress, why not?

To see more about the event, Emily's experience, and her DRESS, check out SNE's Chatty Brides.

Here is Emily undergoing transformation by the hands of Amy, our make up guru.

Pam is making Sarah, Emily's bridesmaid, look like an extra from Gone with the Wind. Can't you picture the big hoop skirted ball gown from the 1800's? Fear not...Pam would never leave her stranded. 

Ashley deep in concentration...

Ashley's focus paid off!
The rear view...

Jamie created this cute side braid for Emily's flower girl.

Phew! Remember Sarah's Gone with the Wind 'do? It has been updated to 2009! Beautiful.
Love the sparkly accent.

And here is Emily's Jessica Alba inspired "after". 

 I told Emily that I was totally going to brag to my husband that she is the editor for ESPN's blog. He was quite impressed and wanted to make sure I didn't pretend to be knowledgeable in the sports world. While I can carry on a very basic ESPN-related conversation, trust me, I know my role...stick to hair. 

So please, as a blogging expert, don't judge us Emily. I scored a few pointers...we are pretty new to this stuff:-)

Congratulations and THANK YOU!! You were so wonderful to work with!

No comments:

Soft and sexy hair for 2009 and everafter.....

Soft and sexy hair for 2009 and everafter.....

Leah's Favorite Product for Jan. 2009

Leah's Favorite Product for Jan. 2009
perfect for oily hair, perfect for dry hair! You can't build anything without this foundation.

My "go-to" product for all seasons

My "go-to" product for all seasons
a little goes a long way!

New Leaf Hair Studio.....LEAH'S BLOG

Questions about hair? skin? life? It's all here. BLOG BLOG BLOG

Followers of New Leaf Hair Studio

Something you won't see at New Leaf (but I thought you would laugh!!)

Something you won't see at New Leaf (but I thought you would laugh!!)