Thursday, August 20, 2009

New Leaf's Wedding Weather Protection Program

Julie Ciarlone couldn't have dreamed of a better day in August to get married at Blithewold Mansion!  The sunny, 83 degree temperature was well-deserved after our "summer that wasn't". I shouldn't whine. We really have had some stellar weekends--it's part of our New Leaf Wedding Weather Protection Program. Know a future bride who is already obsessing about the weather? Enlist in our program today:-)

The wedding team gets their game faces on...Love the lounge!

Wow, my game face really IS on...I have been told I make a really serious face while styling...apparently so!

Julie has the most beautiful thick, chocolate brown hair. She also has what many women have. You know those tendrils in front of your ear that NEVER seem to grow longer than 2 inches? Those can be pretty stubborn when trying to get them to stay put all day long. 

Solution? I wove them into rope braids that were hidden under her half up style. Wisps--okay. Tendrils--bad

A cool shot of Jamie Evenson beautifying Julie's mom, Peg. A fluke? I think not...maybe Mariah's photography advice last week did help after all. 

Peg was so pretty. We think she should try modeling. She laughed at us but I could picture her in a Chico's or J Jill catalog for sure!

I said in Sarah's blog a few weeks ago that you might see us in some strange pretzel like positions while styling. Check out Jamie Rego's contortion act!

How bad do you want to know what story Jenn was telling in this shot? Me too.
Hey, hair is an expressive art! I just love this photo.
(how pretty is Julie's sister in law?)

Amy, smiling as always, while making over Jen...

I couldn't resist snapping this shot. Arianne loved volume. I mean LOVED. She couldn't get enough of it. Well then, we love Arianne. 
Who couldn't use a little extra height? 
Unless you are Katie Holmes, marrying Tom Cruise. She would probably not want any volume....But I digress, as usual. 

Pam is a yoga-fanatic. I think she is trying to 'one-up' Jamie Rego's pretzel contortion act as she pins Arianne's hair. Downward Dog? I think not...we'll call this yoga pose the Sideways Stylist. Pam will be so proud.

Arainne's an A-Lister now.

I think I am going to dig out my eyelash curler. Amy says I should. She says it's a beauty staple, especially for those of us who need 3 coats of mascara to leave the house. Not that I do that. Okay, I'm lying, I am a mascara junkie...Cargo's Blu-Ray mascara is my drug. 
It's designed for high-definition photography. It's creamy yet quick-drying...it lengthens, curls, volumizes and separates. Perfect for mascara addicts like me. 


We tried a swept-up style and a half up one at Julie's trials. I am so glad she chose this one. Her hair is just too pretty (plus her husband loves it down...bonus!)

The gang.

Julie and her mom...beauty sure runs rampant in this family. 
Stunning.

Thanks to Julie and her whole wedding party! Congratulations...we hope you are drinking a pina colada somewhere!

No comments:

Soft and sexy hair for 2009 and everafter.....

Soft and sexy hair for 2009 and everafter.....

Leah's Favorite Product for Jan. 2009

Leah's Favorite Product for Jan. 2009
perfect for oily hair, perfect for dry hair! You can't build anything without this foundation.

My "go-to" product for all seasons

My "go-to" product for all seasons
a little goes a long way!

New Leaf Hair Studio.....LEAH'S BLOG

Questions about hair? skin? life? It's all here. BLOG BLOG BLOG

Followers of New Leaf Hair Studio

Something you won't see at New Leaf (but I thought you would laugh!!)

Something you won't see at New Leaf (but I thought you would laugh!!)