Thursday, October 1, 2009

Jonah's Trend Alert!

Do you know when you meet someone and you feel like you have known her forever?
Well, that's how we felt about our bride Jonah Neagle.
I bet the minute her fiance met her, he was smitten too.
She found out about New Leaf by this very blog...yay! Nice to know someone is reading:-)

Jonah travelled from Connecticut with her mom and sister the day before her wedding for some royal treatment--manicures and pedicures with Mary and Nicole. What a way to start a weekend!

Her wedding ceremony was at Newport's Tennis Hall of Fame. The usual follow up question when she told people was, "Oh, you guys must love tennis, right?" Nope.
And that's what we loved about Jonah.
Apparently it has these gorgeous grounds you can rent for your ceremony. Who knew?

Her reception was at 41 North in Newport, another new place we hadn't heard of before we met Jonah. It's called a 'marina resort'. It looks like this intimate, modern coastal mix of Newport swank without being overdone. I think I just found my newest spot to try out in Newport!

Jonah found all these hidden gems online, she must have her master's degree in Googling.


I am working on Jonah's classic chignon with some volume. Jonah wasn't scared of it.
That makes me happy.

We are working hard on the 3 ladies...Mom and her daughters getting ready together.
What is better for a mother?
Notice the mimosa glass Jonah is holding so elegantly while I style her hair. Her sister, Rachel, made them! Move over Martha, we've got a new girl in town.
Martha should be shaking in her fancy shoes, because Rachel is getting married in April and Jonah tells me there are going to be lots of crafty details!
Isn't it super cute?!? I admire craftiness, but I think I am far too lazy...

Here is Martha--er, Rachel being beautified by Ashley...

Making sure there's not a hair out of place...

I think we have found the missing link to our blog. It's Amy, our make up artist.
Turns out, she is fantastic at snapping away and I am on to her. Too bad she has to be an incredible make up artist too.
Love this shot.

I had to use a few of my extension pieces for Jonah's chignon. She had the length going for her but not enough volume. She had the chig-, without the -non so I helped her out a bit.

I know it always looks like it's not going to ever come together. Have a little faith!

Covering the last piece...

I told you it would come together! But you haven't seen the best part...

So the hot trend right now is definitely flowers, brooches, or pins in the hair to one side. We love that look. But because it seems like Jonah likes to be a bit different than the rest, she found something else...

WEDDING TREND ALERT:
THE HEADBAND!

I know, headbands are all the rage for everyday wear, and that I have hopped right on that bandwagon. But, add some sparkle, beautiful detail, and some fancy ribbon we have next season's latest trend...


Here are the girls! Rachel, Jonah and Barbara.
Is it me, or does Rachel look alarmingly like Liv Tyler?

Jonah said she was going to repurpose her headband as a belt after the wedding. Firstly, there's that craftiness again. Secondly, imagine having a waist small enough to fit a headband?

I think everyone would agree that Amy's make up is absolute perfection for Jonah's wedding day. Just wow.
Jonah just let Amy do her thing...
and here is the result. Another good idea, Jonah!

We had a blast, we really hope we get to see Jonah in her wedding dress...hint, hint, we know you are reading! Thanks for coming to Bristol and we hope you had fun at New Leaf.

Congratulations!!

No comments:

Soft and sexy hair for 2009 and everafter.....

Soft and sexy hair for 2009 and everafter.....

Leah's Favorite Product for Jan. 2009

Leah's Favorite Product for Jan. 2009
perfect for oily hair, perfect for dry hair! You can't build anything without this foundation.

My "go-to" product for all seasons

My "go-to" product for all seasons
a little goes a long way!

New Leaf Hair Studio.....LEAH'S BLOG

Questions about hair? skin? life? It's all here. BLOG BLOG BLOG

Followers of New Leaf Hair Studio

Something you won't see at New Leaf (but I thought you would laugh!!)

Something you won't see at New Leaf (but I thought you would laugh!!)