Thursday, October 8, 2009

We wish they all could be California giiiiirls...

Brides must really love Rhode Island. Kate Hunter came all the way from California to get married. I think Kate just really loves her fiance, whose family lives here. Her mom, Nadine, did a lot of the organizing for Kate. Come to think of it, I never did get to meet the mom behind the magic....hmph.

Her wedding was on a Sunday, so the ladies had the salon to themselves. Even though New Leaf is closed on Sundays, we will open for weddings and events.

Kate's wedding was at "the Glen" (to the locals), or more formally known as the Glen Manor House in Portsmouth, RI.

Here is the gorgeous staircase at the Glen, courtesy of the lovely ladies at Snap! Photography.

The ceremony spot...

Inside the House...

Oh yes, did I mention it's also overlooking the water?

Here is Kate getting 'glamorized' by Amy. Doesn't she have the cutest dimple? I harbor secret envy of anyone with dimples. I am pretty envious of Kate.

Serious stuff.

Amy finished up while I began to style her hair.
Amy promised she wasn't getting frisky with Kate. Sometimes Amy works in some precarious positions, this being one of them!

Celebrity treatment here at New Leaf.

Amy's so smart because she photographs the brides so she can see how they look.
Her skin looks so fresh...Amy tells me that Smashbox is magic make up.
Brides think Amy is magic.

Kate came in to try out some styles for her bridesmaids a few weeks before the wedding. She chose one style that they could wear any way in the front. Pulled straight back, parted on the side...there are so many options.

My version...


Pam's version...

The crew.

I was trying out some Snap! moves on Pam with the camera...



And voila! Kate wanted her hair natural with tons of texture.
Good choice.
Love blonde hair...

I can just picture Kate walking down those stairs at the Glen.

We are so happy it was such a gorgeous day for Kate's wedding. The girls were so much fun that it made working on a Sunday feel like not really working at all.
Thanks for choosing New Leaf and congrats!

No comments:

Soft and sexy hair for 2009 and everafter.....

Soft and sexy hair for 2009 and everafter.....

Leah's Favorite Product for Jan. 2009

Leah's Favorite Product for Jan. 2009
perfect for oily hair, perfect for dry hair! You can't build anything without this foundation.

My "go-to" product for all seasons

My "go-to" product for all seasons
a little goes a long way!

New Leaf Hair Studio.....LEAH'S BLOG

Questions about hair? skin? life? It's all here. BLOG BLOG BLOG

Followers of New Leaf Hair Studio

Something you won't see at New Leaf (but I thought you would laugh!!)

Something you won't see at New Leaf (but I thought you would laugh!!)