Friday, October 2, 2009

Kana's Hana

Kana Okano called us a month ago to see if we could make her gorgeous on her wedding day. Even though September has become our busiest wedding month, we said, "of course!"
With a name as exotic and unique as Kana Okano, the mystery was too alluring.

Kana's wedding was at Linden Place, a beautiful historic mansion in Bristol with gorgeous grounds.

Many of her guests were out-of-towners (great movie, by the way), including Kana, hailing from Boston, or Beantown as the locals call it.
Her guests travelled as far as Japan for Kana and her fiance. That's almost another planet for Rhode Island-ahs. We are impressed.

Kana must feel pretty loved.

Any bride who passes on a hair and make up trial (which we always suggest) must be pretty easy going. She just said, "I trust you. I know you are going to make me look great."

Absolutely.

Only Kana didn't need much help.

Kana wanted something natural and undone, but high enough to tuck her veil under the chignon. We love that because then everyone can see our hard work the whole day. Another bonus is that brides are more likely to leave their veils on longer.
My motto still remains...
You only get to wear a veil once!


I loved spinning Kana around to see her style.
Since she put her blind faith in me, I really wanted her to love it!

Jenn puts her finishing touches on her sculptured style.

How amazing is her shiny hair?

Okay, so my favorite part was Kana's handmade silk orchids. She ordered them from every bride's favorite wedding obsession....etsy.com!
It's a website to buy and sell all things handmade. You can find anything from invitations to jewelry to furniture. And it isn't your local church basement craft fair kind of crafts. Think fresh, modern and fun.
Thanks Etsy!

I love that she won't have to worry about her flowers wilting or browning.
They even had small pearl detailing.
Of course with a name as pretty as Kana, I had to Google it. The Japanese name means 'powerful'. I was feeling curious so I Googled 'orchid' in Japanese. It's 'hana'.
Sometimes things come full circle like that.

Now it's Amy's turn to surprise Kana with her wedding day look.

We just voted Kana our new award..."Best Cheekbones Ever".
I think you would agree.
Plus she has a gorgeous smile. Amy has a way of making all her brides laugh.
She's silly and they love that. Beauty is fun, after all.

Okay, I just came up with another category, and I am casting my vote for Kana..."Best Skin".
I don't think people with great skin realize just how lucky they are.
The hard part of looking radiant is already done. Amy just perfects it.

Our thanks to Kana and her wedding party. Your trust in us was appreciated and we hope we exceeded your expectations. Congratulations on you marriage!

No comments:

Soft and sexy hair for 2009 and everafter.....

Soft and sexy hair for 2009 and everafter.....

Leah's Favorite Product for Jan. 2009

Leah's Favorite Product for Jan. 2009
perfect for oily hair, perfect for dry hair! You can't build anything without this foundation.

My "go-to" product for all seasons

My "go-to" product for all seasons
a little goes a long way!

New Leaf Hair Studio.....LEAH'S BLOG

Questions about hair? skin? life? It's all here. BLOG BLOG BLOG

Followers of New Leaf Hair Studio

Something you won't see at New Leaf (but I thought you would laugh!!)

Something you won't see at New Leaf (but I thought you would laugh!!)