Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Alison Berenback's Garden Affair

So I don't want to jinx this lucky little streak we have going on, but the New Leaf girls should run, not walk, to go buy some Powerball tickets. Five for five. Sun shining. Breeze blowing. Seventy degrees. 

Maybe we'll start telling all our brides that not only will we transform them into (insert favorite supermodel name here), but we will also play God and perform meteorologic miracles on their wedding days. 

Alison Berenback, our sweet and lovely bride, first arrived on Saturday saying she felt very nervous. I'd say this is very normal, given that she woke up realizing she was getting married. Not your average day.

It didn't help that the weather looked a bit questionable (for New Leaf standards, of course). I kept promising Alison that Kelly Bates (for you Rhode Island-ahs out there) from Channel 10 SAID it was going to clear up.  Alison's wedding was at Linden Place, an outdoor garden venue here in Bristol. 

To see Alison face light up when that sun peeked through our windows was priceless. Truly. Cheesy as it may sound, moments like this is why we love being part of a bride's special day. 
And I think we caught the moment the sun came out...

Okay, back to beauty...

Just a cool shot of Alison's hair 'in action'. I'm using Kerastase  Double Force hairspray, another favorite at New Leaf. It has UV filters and it's even smart enough to lock out humidity. Perfect for a summer wedding!


This is Alison's sister watching all the girls lined up getting primped while her hair sets. 

Pam did the most amazing chignon on Alison's bridesmaid's shoulder-length bob. Don't ask if we have the 'after' shot...I think she must have snuck out on us...you will just have to trust me (or Alison could send pictures...hi Alison!) 


Here is Jamie Evenson, prepping Alison's sister. The before...


WOWZA... and after! The year of 'glam' has arrived. 
She can thank Amy, our make-up artist, later for all those cocktails the groomsmen were buying her at the wedding;o)



Alison's next stop was Leah's make-up chair.

Brides should learn from Alison. She was originally not going to get her make-up done (I know, what?!?) because she is a very natural girl. Like some brides, she was afraid she might not look like herself if she had her wedding make-up professionally done. Well, Alison took a chance and did a make-up trial and loved it...she couldn't believe how beautiful (and natural) she felt. 



Love this shot of Leah waving her magic wand.


Yes, this flower is REAL. It is a gardenia, which I always love in photos. If you could only smell this picture. Alison must have thought it was pretty weird when I kept sticking my nose in her hair...I was pinning the flower, I swear! I bet Alison's husband was loving their first dance...
Brides, if you plan on using flowers in your hair, make sure your florist uses wire! It makes it easy to put in and helps it stay put throughout the night. Alison's gardenia was a breeze to pin.


Another perfect bride. Beautiful, polite, sweet, and open-minded. 

In fact, to prove how fabulous Alison really is, here is some evidence. This is from Alison's thank you e-mail she sent me (Courtney):

"I just wanted to say thank you so much for my beautiful wedding day hair on Saturday!  I absolutely loved the way it looked!  Leah did such a wonderful job with my make-up as well; it was just the natural look I wanted.  Both my hair and make-up held up perfectly the whole day, and through hours of dancing (and I worked up quite a sweat on the dance floor!).  I got so many compliments from my guests on how great my bridesmaids and I looked.  Thank you to you and to all of the staff at New Leaf for helping me to have such a special day!"

Thank you, Alison and congratulations!

There is more wedding fun to come...you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Soft and sexy hair for 2009 and everafter.....

Soft and sexy hair for 2009 and everafter.....

Leah's Favorite Product for Jan. 2009

Leah's Favorite Product for Jan. 2009
perfect for oily hair, perfect for dry hair! You can't build anything without this foundation.

My "go-to" product for all seasons

My "go-to" product for all seasons
a little goes a long way!

New Leaf Hair Studio.....LEAH'S BLOG

Questions about hair? skin? life? It's all here. BLOG BLOG BLOG

Followers of New Leaf Hair Studio

Something you won't see at New Leaf (but I thought you would laugh!!)

Something you won't see at New Leaf (but I thought you would laugh!!)