Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Belle Fiance!

 The sun streak continues and what a day for a wedding! Pam Smith, a loyal New Leaf client, asked me last year if I could do her daughter's hair for her wedding. You see, Pam was doing a ton of planning for her daughter's wedding because Kerry was living in France, where her fiance is from. I know, how glamorous!? I think I love my job because I can live vicariously through clients...

Anyways, Kerry and her fiance officially moved back to the States just two weeks before the wedding. Talk about extra stress before the big day...whew!

All of Kerry and Pam's planning certainly paid off and everything came together for the wedding at Glen Manor House in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. Glen Manor is a waterfront mansion that is spectacular for any type of event. Imagine having a cocktail under the covered patio...

img_popup-5.jpg



Kerry's wedding was on a Sunday, when New Leaf is usually closed. We will open for special occasions, and I'd say this wedding qualifies as "special"! Sunday weddings are pretty neat because the salon feels so private and relaxing.

Amy loves to accommodate everyone and she was more than willing to beautify Kerry and Pam on Sunday. Both ladies don't typically wear much for make-up so they both wanted to feel very natural.
Here is Amy at work...

This is Kerry's childhood friend, Jill, on the other side of the salon. As crazy as the 'process' looks, it's amazing how the style always comes together in the end. Jill and I thought this look was reminiscent of the George Washington wig era....

I don't know what Jill was saying or doing in this photo but it looks like I thought it was pretty funny. Isn't Kerry's expression so cute here? She is getting the 'George Washington' too...

Hands at work.


It was so fun...Kerry's family and friends stopped by to see how things were going. This photo brings up an important lesson...
Pam said she always closes her eyes in pictures. The solution? Look at the photographers forehead when s/he is snapping. This was our practice shot for Pam and it worked!


I love this shot of the parents watching Kerry transform...


This photo is a mirror reflection of a great moment between Kerry and her father. It was so sweet...as soon as he walked in and saw Kerry in the chair, he started to cry (shhhh.....don't tell anyone!). Kerry is their only child so this day was very meaningful.


Kerry hamming it up for everyone taking pictures...


It always comes together in the end.


Awwwwww....mother and daughter. We were practicing for ALL the photos that would be taken that day. I am sure the Glen Manor's grounds are a bit fancier than New Leaf's shampoo area. 
Thanks Pam, Kerry and Jill for being so easy to please! I joked to Pam that she couldn't come in for her next appointment unless she had a picture of Kerry in her dress in her hand (but I wasn't really joking..she's so pretty, I really need to see it!)

I took Spanish in high school (which, by the way, I was really terrible at) so it took some research to find out how to say 'beautiful bride' in French...If Google is correct, it's 'belle fiance'...ooh la la!

Congratulations, Kerry! 

Stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Soft and sexy hair for 2009 and everafter.....

Soft and sexy hair for 2009 and everafter.....

Leah's Favorite Product for Jan. 2009

Leah's Favorite Product for Jan. 2009
perfect for oily hair, perfect for dry hair! You can't build anything without this foundation.

My "go-to" product for all seasons

My "go-to" product for all seasons
a little goes a long way!

New Leaf Hair Studio.....LEAH'S BLOG

Questions about hair? skin? life? It's all here. BLOG BLOG BLOG

Followers of New Leaf Hair Studio

Something you won't see at New Leaf (but I thought you would laugh!!)

Something you won't see at New Leaf (but I thought you would laugh!!)